Vancouver Police and Criminal Investigation Lawyer
If the police are asking you questions, it is time for you to get some answers from an experienced criminal defence lawyer.
I am Michael R. Shapray, a Vancouver lawyer who is dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of those who are the subject of a police investigation. Please contact me to arrange a free initial consultation if:
- You have been contacted by police or other authorities
- A search warrant has been issued for your home, workplace, tax records or other sources of information
- Police have questioned your friends or associates about you or your activities
- You have been placed on leave from your job and are concerned about possible criminal charges
- You believe you may be under surveillance
Don't Wait Until You Are Arrested
The earlier you retain legal representation, the more options are available to you. In some cases, I may be able to help you avoid an arrest entirely.
It is important to realize that the goal of a police investigation is to identify and charge a suspect.
Don't Assist the Police
Many of my clients have never been the subject of a police investigation before. They may believe they can explain things to the authorities and clear up any misunderstandings. In attempting to explain themselves, they can inadvertently provide the evidence police need to arrest them.
Consulting a lawyer is not an admission of guilt; it is a matter of prudence and protection.